Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Class Evaluation and Experience

As an incoming freshman to college, an eight to ten page research paper seemed daunting at first. I had just graduated high school (as valedictorian) but nonetheless, I was unsure if I was prepared for a college English class. However, as the class progressed, I became more and more excited about my topic as it personally applied to my life and my major. I began to actually become excited to learn more about stem cell research and I found that writing the paper was enjoyable and easy. I felt that I grew in my ability to find valuable research from multiple sources and to successfully compile these into an academic paper. I succeeded in achieving an academic tone and in remaining professional throughout the paper. I also experienced new outlets for my expression of the topic, including this blog, a letter, and even a poem, that I otherwise probably would not have explored. This class was an excellent way to learn how to research, write, and present a topic that was fun to learn about. Thank you, Mrs. Rogin-Roper for your excellent ENG 122 class!

No comments:

Post a Comment